Salad dressing is one of the easiest and most versatile ways to use any Potlicker jellies or jams. Make a big batch in a mason jar, keep it in the fridge, then bring to room temp and shake up a salad any time!
- 2 heaping tablespoons of jelly or jam
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (apple cider is great with beer jellies, but we also love rice wine, red wine or other flavored vinegars here)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (also try avocado, coconut, grape seed)
- 2-3 tablespoons warm water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh (or dried) oregano
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon mustard
Assemble the ingredients in a mason jar for easy mixing and storage. Shake the jar vigorously to break down the jelly and create an emulsion. The more you shake the thicker and creamier it will get-- add water to thin. Shake well before serving. You can boost the nutrition & health benefits of this dressing by adding things like chia seeds, flax oil, cayenne, turmeric, parsley, lemon juice, juice from fermented pickles, or whey.